Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Blog

Welcome. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I thought I would start a blog to comment on movies and share my opinions. Then I did a little research and found that the internet is not in need of any more opinions. There are opinions galore out there. Rotten Tomatoes, Netflix, IMDB, MetaCritic, Flixter, Facebook, and countless other blogs.

So I started thinking about how I could set myself apart from the masses. What fresh angle could I come up with. A clever name wasn't going to be enough. In depth, concise, educated reviews of films would still keep me in the herd.

I started reading movie reviews and critiques about the time the internet began going into peoples homes. I found a few critics who seemed to have similar sensibilities as mine. I also found a few that were my polar opposites. I enjoyed reading both. Trusting in those with my taste and getting a laugh out of those whom I disagreed.

THAT'S IT!!! I decided not to review the movies but instead review the reviews! Critique the critiques. I decided to share my thought and opinions with the masses about both the critics I generally agree with as well as those I don't.

First obstical I ran into; not everyone reviews the same movies every week. Then came the problem that I live in a smaller comunity. A lot of the lower budget/independent pictures don't come within a 2 hour drive of my home. Then there was the issue of seeing all the movies (my favorite part). But what is going to make this blog a pain in the arse is that I have to read 10 reviews for each film I critique, then write a brief snyopsis for each. Also I am a slow typer and even worse speller.

We will see how this goes. I may have to make some format changes in the future but for now, thank you for visiting and wish me luck. Also make sure you vote in the poll. I will be updating it weekly.

Walktheearth

No comments:

Post a Comment